Tråd3D ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene) is the perfect combination of premium quality and low-cost 3D Printer filament. 3D Printed parts made with ABS filaments are more flexible than parts made with PLA filament. Best for making parts that need to withstand high temperatures. This filament is suitable for Ender-3, Prusa 3D Printer.
ABS 3D printer filament is the most used home 3D printer filament after PLA. Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS) is one of the most popular plastics. It is a rubber (Butadiene) based filament and has a higher melting point than PLA. The most important mechanical properties of ABS are impact resistance and toughness.
ABS is popular for a few reasons. Experienced users like ABS because it's strong, affordable, and it is easy to post-treat (painting, plating) the parts after printing.
ABS filament is trickier to use than its eco-friendly counterpart, PLA. It’s also best to use ABS with a 3D printer that has a heated print bed. This is important as this reduces warping and the potential of cracking during the cooling down process. Both ABS and PLA filaments have their pros and cons. Your specific needs and expectations will determine which one is right for you.
As a thermoplastic polymer, it can melt and cool without altering its chemical properties. That makes it an interesting 3D printer filament.
- Great mechanical properties: The material is known to be strong, tough and durable. It is also resistant to scratches, offers good resistance to heat and everyday chemicals. It can endure heat, pressure and stress like no other home 3D printer material, making it a great choice for “wear and tear “prints. You can try this out yourself: If you bend ABS filament, will distort and bend before breaking. PLA breaks much more easily.
- Great results: You will achieve a great result, as long as you print with the right settings and proper temperature management. You can even achieve overhangs of around 45 degrees.
- Easy to process: Most 3D Print users like the material because you can process its surfaces with acetone, stick parts and even file off some material. Lastly, it can be easily painted with acrylic colors.
- Diameter -1.75mm
- Diameter tolerance: ± 0.03mm
- Printing temperature: 230~250°C
- Heating bed - 105~110 °C
- Printing speed-40 - 100 mm/s
- Nett Weight: 1kg.
Why buy ABS Filaments from Filamently?
Free, Fast shipping
No matter how small or large your order, within India the shipping is free. Most orders are shipped within 24 Hrs of placing order.
Best Price Guaranteed
We make sure that we offer the lowest price available - shop confidently that you are getting the lowest price in the market.
Do you have difficulty or lack of printing techniques, please feel free to call us or write to us.
To know more about ABS 3D filament, printing techniques and post-processing read the blog.