Trad3D 1.75mm PETG 3D Printer Filament suitable for Ender 3 Pro Printer
Premium Quality PETG 3D printer filaments
PETG is an abbreviation for Polyethylene Terephthalate (with a glycol modification) which is one of the most common polymers used today. It’s used to make water bottles, food packaging, Baby Feeding bottle, and countless other common plastic items. As a 3D printing filament, PETG plastic has proven its worth as a durable material that is easy to use. It combines the most useful characteristics of ABS filament (the rigidity and mechanical properties for functional parts) with the ease of printing that PLA filament affords. Kind of a “best of both worlds” scenario.
This filament is ideal for more experienced users of 3D printers and for engineering & manufacturing business prototyping. PET-G is very strong and durable and virtually unbreakable. Translucent in appearance, when printed using optimal settings, produces a near “clear” print. A heated print bed is recommended when printing with PET-G to prevent warping although this material prints naturally with low warp characteristics. PET-G is made using the purest raw materials & all of the filament including pigment is produced using premium grade polymers without fillers. Cross-sectional roundness is consistent throughout the whole spool to ensure that a reliable printing experience is achieved over repeated prints.
- Higher-strength, lower shrinkage, and smoother finish than ABS & PLA
- Combines good strength with ductility, making it a good, tough material for mechanical parts
- Good chemical resistance
- Often features a nice, translucent finish
- Low shrinkage and therefore no warping. Ideal for printing big stuff.
- PETG plastic makes a terrible support structure, because it sticks so well and because it sticks so well, layer adhesion is fantastic, so prints come out strong.
- Odorless when printing
For more details on PETG filaments, Printing techniques, best practices read blog